CIBC profit falls 4 pct on legal settlement charge
Feb 28 (Reuters) - Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce reported a 4 percent fall in quarterly profit after it recorded a one-time legal settlement charge.
First-quarter profit fell to C$798 million ($777 million), or C$1.91 per share, from C$835 million, or C$1.93 per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, Canada's fifth-largest bank earned C$895 million, or C$2.15 per share.
- Gaza rockets land deep in Israel as it bombards Palestinian enclave |
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Both candidates in Indonesia election claim victory; Jokowi ahead in more counts |
- Argentina, Netherlands set for battle, Brazil wonders what happened
- Former New Orleans Mayor Nagin gets 10 years in corruption case