CIBC profit falls 4 pct on legal settlement charge
Feb 28 (Reuters) - Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce reported a 4 percent fall in quarterly profit after it recorded a one-time legal settlement charge.
First-quarter profit fell to C$798 million ($777 million), or C$1.91 per share, from C$835 million, or C$1.93 per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, Canada's fifth-largest bank earned C$895 million, or C$2.15 per share.
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square