India's anti-trust regulator approves Diageo-United Spirits deal
NEW DELHI Feb 28 (Reuters) - India's Competition Commission has approved a proposal by UK drinks group Diageo to buy a stake in United Spirits, controlled by liquor baron Vijay Mallya, its website showed on Thursday.
Diageo agreed in November to buy a 53.4 percent stake in United Spirits Ltd for $2.1 billion.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program