Essilor says 2012 profits, sales rise on emerging market demand
PARIS Feb 28 (Reuters) - Essilor, the world's largest maker of opthalmic lenses, on Thursday reported a rise in 2012 profits and sales on continued demand for its products in emerging markets.
Net profit rose 15.5 percent to 584 million euros ($765 million) as sales increased 19 percent to 4.99 billion, matching the ThomsonReuters I/B/E/S consensus.
($1 = 0.7628 euros) (Reporting by Elena Berton; Editing by Christian Plumb)
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV
- Ohio couple found guilty of enslaving woman and child