Essilor says 2012 profits, sales rise on emerging market demand
PARIS Feb 28 (Reuters) - Essilor, the world's largest maker of opthalmic lenses, on Thursday reported a rise in 2012 profits and sales on continued demand for its products in emerging markets.
Net profit rose 15.5 percent to 584 million euros ($765 million) as sales increased 19 percent to 4.99 billion, matching the ThomsonReuters I/B/E/S consensus.
($1 = 0.7628 euros) (Reporting by Elena Berton; Editing by Christian Plumb)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |