Facebook buys Microsoft ad technology platform
SAN FRANCISCO Feb 28 (Reuters) - Facebook Inc said on Thursday it struck a deal to buy advertising technology from Microsoft Corp that should help prove the effectiveness of its customers' advertising.
Under a long-rumored transaction, Facebook will purchase the Atlas Advertiser Suite, an ad serving, management and measurement platform that Microsoft took over through its $6.3 billion acquisition of aQuantive in 2007. Facebook did not say how much it paid for the technology.
Unable to make it work for its own purposes, Microsoft wrote off $6.2 billion of the aQuantive deal's value last year.
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food