Facebook buys Microsoft ad technology platform
SAN FRANCISCO Feb 28 (Reuters) - Facebook Inc said on Thursday it struck a deal to buy advertising technology from Microsoft Corp that should help prove the effectiveness of its customers' advertising.
Under a long-rumored transaction, Facebook will purchase the Atlas Advertiser Suite, an ad serving, management and measurement platform that Microsoft took over through its $6.3 billion acquisition of aQuantive in 2007. Facebook did not say how much it paid for the technology.
Unable to make it work for its own purposes, Microsoft wrote off $6.2 billion of the aQuantive deal's value last year.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead