Opel revamp deal expected this week - German union
HAMBURG Feb 28 (Reuters) - German union IG Metall expects to strike a deal this week with General Motors' Opel unit over the restructuring of the carmaker's German operations.
"We are just about to reach an agreement," said a spokesman for IG Metall on Thursday.
The negotiations, which started initially in June and were supposed to be concluded by the end of October, could be concluded on Thursday but may an extra day, according to the union spokesman.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |