Groupon's ex-CEO owns up to failure in post-firing letter
SAN FRANCISCO Feb 28 (Reuters) - Groupon Inc's former CEO Andrew Mason, fired on Thursday, admitted he failed to turn around the company he helped create, and owned up to losing sight of the customer in an unusually candid post-firing letter to employees.
"After four and a half intense and wonderful years as CEO of Groupon, I've decided that I'd like to spend more time with my family. Just kidding - I was fired today," the former head of the daily deals company said.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |