A statement from Elizabeth Cannon, President of the University of Calgary, concerning remarks made by Tom Flanagan
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
Marketwire University of Calgary February 28, 2013 - 02:02:58 PM A statement from Elizabeth Cannon, President of the University of Calgary, concerning remarks made by Tom Flanagan CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Feb. 28, 2013) - Comments made by Tom Flanagan in Lethbridge yesterday absolutely do not represent the views of the University of Calgary . In the university's view, child pornography is not a victimless crime. All aspects of this horrific crime involve the exploitation of children. Viewing pictures serves to create more demand for these terrible images, which leads to further exploitation of defenseless children. Tom Flanagan has been on a research and scholarship leave from the University of Calgary since January of 2013. Looking for a U of C expert for a story? Try our Experts Online: www.ucalgary.ca/experts Stay up to date with University of Calgary news headlines on Twitter @UCalgary FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: University of Calgary Leanne Yohemas Media Relations University Relations Office: 403.220-7722 or Cell: 403.540-6552 leanne.yohemas@ucalgary
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |