A statement from Elizabeth Cannon, President of the University of Calgary, concerning remarks made by Tom Flanagan
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
Marketwire University of Calgary February 28, 2013 - 02:02:58 PM A statement from Elizabeth Cannon, President of the University of Calgary, concerning remarks made by Tom Flanagan CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Feb. 28, 2013) - Comments made by Tom Flanagan in Lethbridge yesterday absolutely do not represent the views of the University of Calgary . In the university's view, child pornography is not a victimless crime. All aspects of this horrific crime involve the exploitation of children. Viewing pictures serves to create more demand for these terrible images, which leads to further exploitation of defenseless children. Tom Flanagan has been on a research and scholarship leave from the University of Calgary since January of 2013. Looking for a U of C expert for a story? Try our Experts Online: www.ucalgary.ca/experts Stay up to date with University of Calgary news headlines on Twitter @UCalgary FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: University of Calgary Leanne Yohemas Media Relations University Relations Office: 403.220-7722 or Cell: 403.540-6552 leanne.yohemas@ucalgary
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea