A statement from Elizabeth Cannon, President of the University of Calgary, concerning remarks made by Tom Flanagan
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
CALGARY, ALBERTA, Feb 28 (MARKET WIRE) -- Comments made by Tom Flanagan in Lethbridge yesterday absolutely do not represent the views of the University of Calgary . In the university's view, child pornography is not a victimless crime. All aspects of this horrific crime involve the exploitation of children. Viewing pictures serves to create more demand for these terrible images, which leads to further exploitation of defenseless children. Tom Flanagan has been on a research and scholarship leave from the University of Calgary since January of 2013. Looking for a U of C expert for a story? Try our Experts Online: www.ucalgary.ca/experts Stay up to date with University of Calgary news headlines on Twitter @UCalgary Contacts: University of Calgary Leanne Yohemas Media Relations University Relations Office: 403.220-7722 or Cell: 403.540-6552 leanne.yohemas@ucalgary Copyright 2013, Market Wire, All rights reserved. -0-
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner