- French soldier stabbed while on patrol near Paris
- REPEAT-Will immigration reform get killed in Republican-led U.S. House?
- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- Rockets hit south Beirut after Hezbollah vows Syria victory
- Two believed dead as heavy rains flood San Antonio streets |
Infineon sees improving quarterly sales
MUNICH Feb 28 (Reuters) - German chipmaker Infineon expects turnover to rise in the coming quarters, although still forecasts a fall in revenues for the fiscal year as a whole, its chief executive said on Thursday.
The worst quarter was now behind Infineon and improvements had been in sight since the start of 2013, Reinhard Ploss said in a speech at the company's annual shareholder meeting.
Infineon had said in January that its key car clients were now starting to re-order chips such as those which activate airbags and enable cruise control equipment, after a period of running inventories down.
For the fiscal year until end-September as a whole, Infineon expects revenue to drop by between 5 and 9 percent.
(Reporting by Jens Hack; writing by Victoria Bryan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this