CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends higher as bank earnings cheered
TORONTO, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Strong earnings from a trio of Canada's top banks pushed the country's main stock index to a higher close on Thursday, while gold miners again weighed as the price of bullion fell. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed up 88.51 points, or 0.70 percent, at 12,820.90 points. It gained 1 percent in February.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port