CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends higher as bank earnings cheered
TORONTO, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Strong earnings from a trio of Canada's top banks pushed the country's main stock index to a higher close on Thursday, while gold miners again weighed as the price of bullion fell. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed up 88.51 points, or 0.70 percent, at 12,820.90 points. It gained 1 percent in February.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |