CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends higher as bank earnings cheered
TORONTO, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Strong earnings from a trio of Canada's top banks pushed the country's main stock index to a higher close on Thursday, while gold miners again weighed as the price of bullion fell. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed up 88.51 points, or 0.70 percent, at 12,820.90 points. It gained 1 percent in February.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |