CANADA STOCKS-TSX turns positive, bank earnings drive gains
TORONTO, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index turned positive in early trade on Thursday as forecast-topping quarterly results from Royal Bank of Canada and Toronto Dominion Bank offset weakness in gold stocks. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 17.33 points, or 0.14 percent, at 12,749.72, after opening lower.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine