CANADA STOCKS-TSX turns positive, bank earnings drive gains
TORONTO, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index turned positive in early trade on Thursday as forecast-topping quarterly results from Royal Bank of Canada and Toronto Dominion Bank offset weakness in gold stocks. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 17.33 points, or 0.14 percent, at 12,749.72, after opening lower.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed