CANADA STOCKS-TSX turns positive, bank earnings drive gains
TORONTO, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index turned positive in early trade on Thursday as forecast-topping quarterly results from Royal Bank of Canada and Toronto Dominion Bank offset weakness in gold stocks. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 17.33 points, or 0.14 percent, at 12,749.72, after opening lower.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Palestinian death toll rises to 77 as Israel hits Gaza over rocket fire |
- Man charged with murder in Texas shooting deaths of six |
- Wall Street edges lower on Portugal bank worry
- Berlin tells CIA station chief to leave in spy scandal