Euro extends losses versus yen and dollar
NEW YORK Feb 28 (Reuters) - The euro extended losses against the Japanese yen and U.S. dollar on Thursday as month-end positioning and fears about a political stalemate in Italy prompted investors to shed holdings of the currency.
The euro last traded at 120.74 yen, down 0.4 percent on the day. It had hit a session low of 120.59.
The euro last traded at $1.3078, down 0.5 percent on the day. It had hit a session low of $1.3074, according to Reuters data.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea