Euro extends losses versus yen and dollar
NEW YORK Feb 28 (Reuters) - The euro extended losses against the Japanese yen and U.S. dollar on Thursday as month-end positioning and fears about a political stalemate in Italy prompted investors to shed holdings of the currency.
The euro last traded at 120.74 yen, down 0.4 percent on the day. It had hit a session low of 120.59.
The euro last traded at $1.3078, down 0.5 percent on the day. It had hit a session low of $1.3074, according to Reuters data.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Ottawa pushes for business as usual after shootings |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor