Euro falls to session low versus dollar
LONDON Feb 28 (Reuters) - The euro extended losses to fall to a session low versus the dollar on Thursday as political uncertainty in Italy and renewed fears of a debt crisis drove some investors to sell the currency.
The single currency fell to as low as $1.30965, and was down 0.3 percent on the day with hedge funds cited as main sellers of the pair earlier in the day. Near-term support was cited at $1.3018, the low hit on Feb. 26.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994