Euro falls to session low versus dollar
LONDON Feb 28 (Reuters) - The euro extended losses to fall to a session low versus the dollar on Thursday as political uncertainty in Italy and renewed fears of a debt crisis drove some investors to sell the currency.
The single currency fell to as low as $1.30965, and was down 0.3 percent on the day with hedge funds cited as main sellers of the pair earlier in the day. Near-term support was cited at $1.3018, the low hit on Feb. 26.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote