Hong Kong shares to open up 1.1 pct, Cosco Pacific jumps
HONG KONG Feb 28 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares are set to start higher on Thursday, with Cosco Pacific leading gains among growth-sensitive counters on the Hang Seng Index with a 3 percent rise.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 1.1 percent at 22,826.4. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to start up 1.4 percent.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change