REFILE-MGIC Investment posts tenth straight quarterly loss
Feb 28 (Reuters) - Mortgage insurer MGIC Investment Corp posted its tenth-straight quarterly loss as it continues to lose money on mortgages insured during the housing boom.
Its fourth-quarter loss almost tripled to $386.7 million, or $1.91 per share, from $135.3 million, or 67 cents per share, a year earlier.
The loss included a $267.5 million settlement with Freddie Mac.
MGIC agreed in November to make the payout to its primary counterparty to settle a dispute that threatened its future.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |