REFILE-MGIC Investment posts tenth straight quarterly loss
Feb 28 (Reuters) - Mortgage insurer MGIC Investment Corp posted its tenth-straight quarterly loss as it continues to lose money on mortgages insured during the housing boom.
Its fourth-quarter loss almost tripled to $386.7 million, or $1.91 per share, from $135.3 million, or 67 cents per share, a year earlier.
The loss included a $267.5 million settlement with Freddie Mac.
MGIC agreed in November to make the payout to its primary counterparty to settle a dispute that threatened its future.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Obama girls get dating advice from their watchful dad
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets