REFILE-MGIC Investment posts tenth straight quarterly loss
Feb 28 (Reuters) - Mortgage insurer MGIC Investment Corp posted its tenth-straight quarterly loss as it continues to lose money on mortgages insured during the housing boom.
Its fourth-quarter loss almost tripled to $386.7 million, or $1.91 per share, from $135.3 million, or 67 cents per share, a year earlier.
The loss included a $267.5 million settlement with Freddie Mac.
MGIC agreed in November to make the payout to its primary counterparty to settle a dispute that threatened its future.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |