Spain sees economic turnaround later in 2013, economy secretary
MADRID Feb 28 (Reuters) - Spain's economy will return to quarterly growth in the third or fourth quarter this year, Secretary of State for the Economy Fernando Jimenez Latorre said on Thursday.
Spain's economy contracted 1.4 percent last year and the consensus outlook is that it will shrink by about that amount again in 2013. The government's official forecast is for GDP to fall 0.5 percent this year.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police