Telefonica says will not float LatAm business
MADRID Feb 28 (Reuters) - Spanish telecoms company Telefonica said on Thursday it would not go ahead with an initial public offering (IPO) of its Latin American businesses, a move it had previously considered in a drive to cut its debt.
"There is not going to be an IPO of Latin America...This is not a priority anymore to IPO our Latin American operations," Chief Executive Cesar Alierta said on a conference call with analysts. (Reporting by Clare Kane; Editing by Paul Day)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane