Samsung Electronics says loses a Japan patent lawsuit to Apple
SEOUL (Reuters) - A Tokyo court on Thursday ruled in favor of Apple Inc in a patent lawsuit over mobile devices filed by Samsung Electronics, the South Korean firm said.
The world's top two smartphone makers are engaged in a global legal battle over patents on smartphones and tablets, as they vie to win customers in the lucrative mobile market.
"We are disappointed by today's court decision. Following a thorough review of the ruling, we will take the measures necessary to protect our intellectual property rights," Samsung said in a statement without giving further details.
(Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Obama says beheading 'shocked the conscience' of the world |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- U.S. attorney general visits racially charged St. Louis suburb