Spain sees economic turnaround later in 2013, economy secretary
MADRID (Reuters) - Spain's economy will return to quarterly growth in the third or fourth quarter this year, Secretary of State for the Economy Fernando Jimenez Latorre said on Thursday.
Spain's economy contracted 1.4 percent last year and the consensus outlook is that it will shrink by about that amount again in 2013. The government's official forecast is for GDP to fall 0.5 percent this year.
(Reporting by Manuel Maria Ruiz, Writing by Fiona Ortiz)
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush denied bail |
- Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally |
- Judge issues order enforcing Ebola isolation of defiant Maine nurse