Spain sees economic turnaround later in 2013, economy secretary
MADRID (Reuters) - Spain's economy will return to quarterly growth in the third or fourth quarter this year, Secretary of State for the Economy Fernando Jimenez Latorre said on Thursday.
Spain's economy contracted 1.4 percent last year and the consensus outlook is that it will shrink by about that amount again in 2013. The government's official forecast is for GDP to fall 0.5 percent this year.
(Reporting by Manuel Maria Ruiz, Writing by Fiona Ortiz)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions