CORRECTED-Valeant reports fourth-quarter loss on acquisition costs
(Corrects paragraph 3 to say product sales, not revenue, rose 45 pct)
Feb 28 (Reuters) - Canadian drug maker Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc reported a fourth-quarter loss, largely due to costs related to its $2.6 billion acquisition of Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corp.
The net loss was $89.1 million, or 29 cents per share, compared with a profit of $55.6 million, or 18 cents per share, a year earlier.
Product sales rose 45 percent to $946.7 million.
Interest expenses rose to $160.2 million from $94.1 million. (Reporting by Krithika Krishnamurthy in Bangalore)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief