Ithaca Energy to buy Valiant Petroleum for 203 mln stg
March 1 (Reuters) - North Sea-focused Ithaca Energy Inc said it would acquire Valiant Petroleum Plc for 203 million pounds ($308.15 million) in cash and shares.
Valiant shareholders will get 307 pence in cash and 1.33 Ithaca share for each Valiant share.
The offer represents a premium of 37 percent to Valiant's Thursday close on the London Stock Exchange.
British oil and gas company Valiant Petroleum, which has had a dismal exploration performance in 2012, said in September it was considering selling itself.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |