Canada says reviewing U.S. statement on Keystone pipeline
TORONTO, March 1
TORONTO, March 1 (Reuters) - Canada said on Friday it was reviewing a U.S. impact statement on TransCanada Corp's proposed Keystone XL pipeline but gave no further initial reaction.
The pipeline got a boost on Friday when the U.S. State Department said the project - designed to take crude from Alberta's oil sands to Texas - would not likely change the rate at which the oil sands were developed.
"We have received the statement and we are reviewing it. The United States has a process for reviewing the project and we respect their process," Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver told reporters in Toronto.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Thai 'red shirts' prepare rally to back PM against protesters