TransCanada CEO says State review a positive step for Keystone
CALGARY, Alberta, March 1
CALGARY, Alberta, March 1 (Reuters) - The head of the company backing the Keystone XL pipeline said that a supportive environmental review of the controversial project issued by the U.S. State Department on Friday was a positive step towards completion of the line.
Russ Girling, TransCanada Corp's chief executive, said that construction of the pipeline could be complete by late 2014 or early 2105 if a final decision by the Obama administration comes by midsummer.
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?