Magna profit rises on strong North America sales
March 1 (Reuters) - Magna International Inc, one of the world's largest auto parts makers, reported a 12.5 percent rise in profit on strong sales in North America.
Fourth-quarter profit rose to $351 million, or $1.49 per share, from $312 million, or $1.32 per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 11 percent to $8.03 billion.
"We achieved this sales increase in a period when vehicle production increased 12 percent in North America," the company said in a statement.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source