Metro lowers dividend after profit drop
FRANKFURT, March 1
FRANKFURT, March 1 (Reuters) - German retailer Metro cut its dividend and reported a fall in earnings as economic woes in Europe resulted in shoppers spending less at its stores.
Metro said it proposed a dividend of 1 euro per ordinary share for 2012, compared with 1.35 euros ($1.76) for 2011.
Earnings before interest, taxes and special items came in at 1.98 billion euros, compared with 2.37 billion in 2011, it said in a statement released ahead of full annual results. ($1 = 0.7649 euros) (Reporting by Victoria Bryan)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |