Puerto Rico's Popular to sell $568 mln in bad loans
March 1 (Reuters) - Puerto Rico-based lender Popular Inc said it would sell $568 million portfolio of non-performing loans to a joint venture between Caribbean Property Group and funds affiliated with Perella Weinberg Partners.
Popular will receive about $112 million in cash, a note for about $203 million, and a 24.9 percent interest in the joint venture.
The transaction is expected to result in an after-tax loss of about $185 million, which will be recognized in the first quarter.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |