Puerto Rico's Popular to sell $568 mln in bad loans
March 1 (Reuters) - Puerto Rico-based lender Popular Inc said it would sell $568 million portfolio of non-performing loans to a joint venture between Caribbean Property Group and funds affiliated with Perella Weinberg Partners.
Popular will receive about $112 million in cash, a note for about $203 million, and a 24.9 percent interest in the joint venture.
The transaction is expected to result in an after-tax loss of about $185 million, which will be recognized in the first quarter.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill