TI Media confirms plans to approve deal with Cairo on March 4
MILAN, March 1
MILAN, March 1 (Reuters) - Telecom Italia Media has confirmed plans to give final approval to the sale of its flagship La7 channel to Cairo Communication at a board meeting due Monday.
News that a new rival bid had emerged fuelled speculation that talks with Cairo could fall apart.
In a statement on Friday, Telecom Italia Media said it "confirms the path already defined" in a Feb. 27 press release when it said it had delayed the approval of deal with Cairo because some details still needed to be worked out. (Reporting By Danilo Masoni)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner