TransCanada CEO says State review a positive step for Keystone
CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) - The head of the company backing the Keystone XL pipeline said that a supportive environmental review of the controversial project issued by the State Department on Friday was a positive step towards completion of the line.
Russ Girling, TransCanada Corp's chief executive, said that construction of the pipeline could be complete by late 2014 or early 2105 if a final decision by the Obama administration comes by midsummer.
(Reporting Jeffrey Jones, writing by Scott Haggett; Editing by Bob Burgdorfer)
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ