- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Asian markets tense before Fed; Nikkei outperforms
Dutch court jails Rwandan woman for incitement to genocide
THE HAGUE |
THE HAGUE (Reuters) - A Dutch court on Friday sentenced a Rwandan-born Dutch citizen to six years and eight months in jail for inciting genocide.
Judges said Yvonne Besabya, 66, had stoked hatred against her ethnic Tutsi neighbors before Rwanda's 1994 genocide in which 800,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus were killed.
They acquitted her of all other charges, including perpetrating genocide, murder and war crimes.
(Reporting By Thomas Escritt; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this