Nigeria says kills 20 Boko Haram militants
MAIDUGURI (Reuters) - Nigerian security forces killed 20 militants from the Islamist group Boko Haram in a firefight in the northeast on Sunday, a spokesman said.
Lieutenant Colonel Sagir Musa, spokesman for joint military and police forces in the northeastern state of Borno, said the militants were killed when they tried to attack the Monguno barracks.
There was no immediate comment from Boko Haram.
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal