Nigeria says kills 20 Boko Haram militants
MAIDUGURI (Reuters) - Nigerian security forces killed 20 militants from the Islamist group Boko Haram in a firefight in the northeast on Sunday, a spokesman said.
Lieutenant Colonel Sagir Musa, spokesman for joint military and police forces in the northeastern state of Borno, said the militants were killed when they tried to attack the Monguno barracks.
There was no immediate comment from Boko Haram.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |