Nigeria says kills 20 Boko Haram militants
MAIDUGURI (Reuters) - Nigerian security forces killed 20 militants from the Islamist group Boko Haram in a firefight in the northeast on Sunday, a spokesman said.
Lieutenant Colonel Sagir Musa, spokesman for joint military and police forces in the northeastern state of Borno, said the militants were killed when they tried to attack the Monguno barracks.
There was no immediate comment from Boko Haram.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor who worked in Africa first Ebola case in New York City |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case