Nigeria says kills 20 Boko Haram militants
MAIDUGURI (Reuters) - Nigerian security forces killed 20 militants from the Islamist group Boko Haram in a firefight in the northeast on Sunday, a spokesman said.
Lieutenant Colonel Sagir Musa, spokesman for joint military and police forces in the northeastern state of Borno, said the militants were killed when they tried to attack the Monguno barracks.
There was no immediate comment from Boko Haram.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions