Canadian bureau approves C$3 bln BCE-Astral takeover
OTTAWA, March 4
OTTAWA, March 4 (Reuters) - Canada's Competition Bureau granted conditional approval on Monday for a C$3 billion ($2.9 billion) plan by BCE Inc to buy Astral Media Inc , but the offer by Bell Canada's parent must still pass muster with the country's telecoms regulator.
The regulator, the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission, rejected BCE's first offer in October. It is expected to reveal details of a subsequent offer this week when it sets a date for public hearings.
Under a deal the Competition Bureau reached with Bell Canada, the company must make significant divestitures of Astral's ownership interests in a number of pay and specialty television channels.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions