- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
Hecla to buy Aurizon Mines for C$796 mln
March 4 |
March 4 (Reuters) - Hecla Mining Co, the No.2 U.S. silver miner by output, said it will buy Canadian gold miner Aurizon Mines Ltd for about C$796 million ($774.36 million), nearly a month after the Canadian company rejected an unsolicited offer from Alamos Gold Inc.
The offer price of C$4.75 per share represents a premium of 9 percent to Aurizon's Friday closing of C$4.35.
Aurizon said last month it was in talks with a number of potential buyers.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this