Audi CEO says Feb. car sales "clearly lower" than in January
GENEVA, March 4
GENEVA, March 4 (Reuters) - Volkswagen's Audi luxury division suffered a clear drop in February vehicle sales, a figure partially distorted by a statistical effect, Chief Executive Rupert Stadler said on Monday.
Deliveries were "clearly lower" than in January when sales surged 16.3 percent to 111,750 cars as Chinese New Year festivities took place last month, Stadler told Reuters at the Geneva auto show.
VW's flagship luxury brand still managed a "single-digit" increase in percentage terms, the CEO said, without being more specific. (Reporting by Andreas Cremer; editing by Edward Taylor)
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media