Nikkei edges up 0.4 percent on gains in financials, real estate
TOKYO, March 4 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average closed up 0.4 percent after real estate firms and financials advanced on expectations of aggressive easing from the new leadership team at the central bank. The Nikkei ended at 11,652.29. It reached 11,767.68, the highest level since September 2008, and then slipped on suspension of futures trading in Osaka. The broader Topix gained 0.8 percent to 992.25.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source