US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St dips at open on growth concerns
NEW YORK, March 4
NEW YORK, March 4 (Reuters) - Wall Street edged lower at the open on Monday as worries about the prospects for global economic growth prompted investors to step back from equities that are within reach of record highs.
The Dow Jones industrial average shed 14.36 points, or 0.10 percent, to 14,075.30. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index lost 3.29 points, or 0.22 percent, to 1,514.91. The Nasdaq Composite Index dropped 10.40 points, or 0.33 percent, to 3,159.35.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation