U.S. court dismisses bank lawsuit over MBIA restructuring
March 4 (Reuters) - A New York court has dismissed a lawsuit by a group of banks against bond insurer MBIA Inc challenging the insurer's 2009 restructuring.
MBIA shares rose over 24 percent in afternoon trading after the ruling in the long-running case, which centered on whether it was appropriate for MBIA to split its municipal bond insurance business from its structured finance unit. (Reporting By Ben Berkowitz; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image