No plans to change Canada uranium ownership policy- minister
TORONTO, March 4
TORONTO, March 4 (Reuters) - Canada has no plans to change its rules that limit foreign ownership of uranium miners, the country's minister of natural resources said on Monday.
"We don't have any plans to change the rule, which is a maximum of 49 percent foreign ownership in the development of uranium, and that's a longstanding policy," Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver told reporters on Monday.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |