No plans to change Canada uranium ownership policy- minister
TORONTO, March 4
TORONTO, March 4 (Reuters) - Canada has no plans to change its rules that limit foreign ownership of uranium miners, the country's minister of natural resources said on Monday.
"We don't have any plans to change the rule, which is a maximum of 49 percent foreign ownership in the development of uranium, and that's a longstanding policy," Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver told reporters on Monday.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg phoned Obama to complain about spying
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |