Telecom Italia Media agrees to sell La7 channel to Cairo - source
MILAN, March 4
MILAN, March 4 (Reuters) - Telecom Italia Media, the Italian broadcaster controlled by Telecom Italia, has agreed to sell its flagship La7 channel to media firm Cairo Communication, a source familiar with the talks said on Monday.
"It's confirmed. They gave it to Cairo," the source told Reuters.
The source confirmed what top La7 journalist Gad Lerner said in a tweet earlier on Monday.
On Friday, Telecom Italia Media confirmed plans to give final approval to the sale of La7 to Cairo at a board meeting on Monday. (Reporting By Danilo Masoni, editing by Stephen Jewkes)
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped