Telecom Italia Media agrees to sell La7 channel to Cairo - source
MILAN, March 4
MILAN, March 4 (Reuters) - Telecom Italia Media, the Italian broadcaster controlled by Telecom Italia, has agreed to sell its flagship La7 channel to media firm Cairo Communication, a source familiar with the talks said on Monday.
"It's confirmed. They gave it to Cairo," the source told Reuters.
The source confirmed what top La7 journalist Gad Lerner said in a tweet earlier on Monday.
On Friday, Telecom Italia Media confirmed plans to give final approval to the sale of La7 to Cairo at a board meeting on Monday. (Reporting By Danilo Masoni, editing by Stephen Jewkes)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- World stocks advance on strong data, earnings