Audi CEO says February car sales "clearly lower" than in January
GENEVA (Reuters) - Volkswagen's (VOWG_p.DE) Audi luxury division suffered a clear drop in February vehicle sales, a figure partially distorted by a statistical effect, Chief Executive Rupert Stadler said on Monday.
Deliveries were "clearly lower" than in January when sales surged 16.3 percent to 111,750 cars as Chinese New Year festivities took place last month, Stadler told Reuters at the Geneva auto show.
VW's flagship luxury brand still managed a "single-digit" increase in percentage terms, the CEO said, without being more specific.
(Reporting by Andreas Cremer; editing by Edward Taylor)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions