Audi CEO says February car sales "clearly lower" than in January
GENEVA (Reuters) - Volkswagen's (VOWG_p.DE) Audi luxury division suffered a clear drop in February vehicle sales, a figure partially distorted by a statistical effect, Chief Executive Rupert Stadler said on Monday.
Deliveries were "clearly lower" than in January when sales surged 16.3 percent to 111,750 cars as Chinese New Year festivities took place last month, Stadler told Reuters at the Geneva auto show.
VW's flagship luxury brand still managed a "single-digit" increase in percentage terms, the CEO said, without being more specific.
(Reporting by Andreas Cremer; editing by Edward Taylor)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image