Samsung Electronics shares rise after Apple award nearly halved
SEOUL (Reuters) - Shares in Samsung Electronics Co (005930.KS) rose 1.1 percent on Monday after a U.S. judge almost halved the $1.05 billion jury award Apple Inc (AAPL.O) had won in its mobile patents battle with the South Korean firm, and set a new trial to determine damages.
Shares in Samsung were trading 0.7 percent higher minutes after the market open.
(Reporting By Miyoung Kim; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |