Samsung Electronics shares rise after Apple award nearly halved
SEOUL (Reuters) - Shares in Samsung Electronics Co (005930.KS) rose 1.1 percent on Monday after a U.S. judge almost halved the $1.05 billion jury award Apple Inc (AAPL.O) had won in its mobile patents battle with the South Korean firm, and set a new trial to determine damages.
Shares in Samsung were trading 0.7 percent higher minutes after the market open.
(Reporting By Miyoung Kim; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia