Samsung Electronics shares rise after Apple award nearly halved
SEOUL (Reuters) - Shares in Samsung Electronics Co (005930.KS) rose 1.1 percent on Monday after a U.S. judge almost halved the $1.05 billion jury award Apple Inc (AAPL.O) had won in its mobile patents battle with the South Korean firm, and set a new trial to determine damages.
Shares in Samsung were trading 0.7 percent higher minutes after the market open.
(Reporting By Miyoung Kim; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV