Samsung Electronics shares rise after Apple award nearly halved
SEOUL (Reuters) - Shares in Samsung Electronics Co (005930.KS) rose 1.1 percent on Monday after a U.S. judge almost halved the $1.05 billion jury award Apple Inc (AAPL.O) had won in its mobile patents battle with the South Korean firm, and set a new trial to determine damages.
Shares in Samsung were trading 0.7 percent higher minutes after the market open.
(Reporting By Miyoung Kim; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow