Samsung Electronics shares rise after Apple award nearly halved
SEOUL (Reuters) - Shares in Samsung Electronics Co (005930.KS) rose 1.1 percent on Monday after a U.S. judge almost halved the $1.05 billion jury award Apple Inc (AAPL.O) had won in its mobile patents battle with the South Korean firm, and set a new trial to determine damages.
Shares in Samsung were trading 0.7 percent higher minutes after the market open.
(Reporting By Miyoung Kim; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections